torsdag 4 oktober 2012

Internship at Lee

It's been a while since my last update, the last couple of month has been real hectic for me. But now I finally got some time off to start with a new project. Or so i thought anyway.

Last week I began drawing and cutting out the pieces for a new pair of jeans. The fabric bellow is an old fabric from probably the late 60's and it's made in Sweden. I'm using it for my pocket lining. 


As you can see, it's sanforized. 


I use my broken twill fabric for the jeans because the jeans that I did before in the same fabric have expand so much that I can't wear it anymore. So this time I will make it real tight. The model that I'm going for is a loose and narrow. I redraw my pattern that I used on my first pair of JEANS. I made the front and back rice a bit longer and I took it in, in the waist. Changed the pocket shape and I'm also going to make a watch pocket that will go up on to the waist band.


All the pieces cut out.


And this is how far I got. 


Unfortunately this week I got sick. I planned to have the jeans ready yesterday because today I'm off to  Antwerp for my internship at Lee jeans =) =) =)  I'm going to do my internship at the denim design department. I said that I was going to do some post's on my last internship at Indigofera, but I didn't, so I wan't promise anything, but maybe you'll see some post's from this one.


I'll be back in Sweden again in December, so the jeans have to wait till then. My girlfriend is also having a really awesome internship, she's going to be at LVC in Amsterdam! You can follow her on http://thebluethimble.blogspot.se And don't forget our FACEBOOK page. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar